Golden Rule: analyze, bug, fix
Welcome to 17.10 Beta 2 through to Release Testing
We are now in the beta testing stage of 17.10 - release is October 2017. Testing is now open for intrepid and enthusiastic testers. If you are confident and like to work out what is wrong - we want you on our team!
This is beta testing - a number of bugs should be expected - we need to find these. That is why we do beta testing. You really should not expect a stable system - do not install alpha/beta and daily ISOs on a production system. Kind of obvious I know - but we always can see those that don't understand that concept and moan and groan on various blog sites. Feel free to make them informed!
So you want to join in the fun? Yes, it really is! 😊
- Join Ubuntu Budgie bug busters and Subscribe to the mailing list - https://launchpad.net/~budgie-remix-bug-busters
- Download the ISO and Install
Simple! Ok lets be serious now.
- Know how to report bugs - http://askubuntu.com/questions/5121/how-do-i-report-a-bug
- Is the problem reproducible? We need every step to reproduce your issue. Simply saying "it crashes" is not useful
- Crashes should always be accompanied by FULL backtraces - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Backtrace
- Try to debug the issue - this is covered very well here - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProcedures
- Come back to this page often - we will be updating it with all the latest news/issues/workarounds that we have been made aware of.
- Update the ISO Tracker - we need to know if the install and other tests work http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker - there is a fantastic guide here that gives you a step-by-step guide how to use the ISO tracker - https://www.tsimonq2.net/blog/2016/04/27/
- DON'T just install and keep on running - you will not be helping us - we need you to download and install at least once a fortnight and preferably every week.
- Let everyone know about issues via the mailing list - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't think you can do this then we kindly would suggest testing Alphas and Beta's is perhaps not for you. Please wait until the 17.10 release is available in October.
Ready? Downloads are here - http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/382/builds
David (project lead)
Alpha 2 is in testing - 25th July - brief release notes are here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/Alpha2/UbuntuBudgie
Beta 1 is in testing - 29th August - brief release notes are here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/Beta1/UbuntuBudgie
Beta 2 (and final beta) is in testing - 25th Sept - draft release notes are here: https://ubuntubudgie.org/blog/2017/09/25/17-10-release-notes
- Known bugs will be listed here
- bug 1713664: Selecting London England selected US Keyboard settings - should be UK
- bug 1719136: Ubuntu and Ubuntu Budgie: Try Install black background
- bug 1713702: Ubiquity uninstalling chosen locale language packs
Page last updated on 26th Sept