We are pleased to announce the release of the next version of our distro, 21.10.
This is a regular release supported for 9 months. For those looking for a longer term support release we recommend our 20.04 LTS version which is supported for 3 years.
- Release of our second Raspberry Pi image.
- brand new budgie-desktop version – do lookout for our optional Windows 11 layout
- Our Window Shuffler now automoves and auto-arranges windows across multimonitors and workspaces
- Lookout for our Window Shuffler budgie applet
- Brand new applet – budgie-cputemp-applet
- A mass of new capabilities, changes and fixes throughout our budgie-applets
- GNOME 40 & GNOME 41 applications
We also inherit hundreds of stability, bug-fixes and optimizations made to the underlying Ubuntu repositories. Many thanks to all the volunteers, Debian & Ubuntu maintainers and Canonical employees who have done such a sterling job packaging the changes that many more developers from all over the world have resolved.
This is the power of FOSS that we are all proud to be part of.
You can read more about 21.10 via our Release Notes
Remember, upgrades to the latest version of Ubuntu are entirely free of charge.
We recommend that all users read the the Ubuntu 21.10 Release Notes, which document caveats and workarounds for known issues affecting all flavours including Ubuntu Budgie.
Thanks must go to all of the Ubuntu Budgie team who have contributed to this release in one way or another, from development, testing, website infrastructure, support to the community and advocating to all. Also cheers to all of you discourse members who has helped others to resolve issues contributed to various posts & threads.
- “#ubuntu” on irc.libera.chat
- Ubuntu Budgie’s support forum is always open and ready to help you.
HELP SHAPE UBUNTU
If you would like to help shape Ubuntu, take a look at the list of ways you can participate at:
Thank you all for your continued support – spread the news!
David, Ubuntu Budgie Project Leader.