We are pleased to announce the release of the next version of our distro, 21.04.
This is a regular release supported for 9 months. For those looking for a longer term support release we recommend our 20.04 LTS version which is supported for 3 years.
- Release of our first Raspberry Pi image. Thanks to new team member Sam, we are very proud of the work done and the positive feedback received from all beta testers. Release Notes
- A huge 21.04 regular release.
- brand new budgie-desktop version
- Layouts capability of our Window Shuffler
- Refinements of our own unique WIndow Tiling capability – we have also received feedback that this works on Mate, GNOME Shell (Xorg), XFCE. So do give ‘Window Shuffler’ a try on your desktop.
- Brand new Mojave makeover in Budgie Themes & Layouts
- Brand new WhiteSur makeover in Budgie Themes & Layouts
- Brand new applets:
We also inherit hundreds of stability, bug-fixes and optimizations made to the underlying Ubuntu repositories. Many thanks to all the volunteers, Debian & Ubuntu maintainers and Canonical employees who have done such a sterling job packaging the changes that many more developers from all over the world have resolved.
This is the power of FOSS that we are all proud to be part of.
You can read more about 21.04 via our Release Notes
Download links and installation guide are provided. As always – do check the md256sum hash value of the downloaded ISO – this really does help you get a flying start for your install.
Remember, upgrades to the latest version of Ubuntu are entirely free of charge.
We recommend that all users read the the Ubuntu 21.04 Release Notes, which document caveats and workarounds for known issues affecting all flavours including Ubuntu Budgie.
- “#ubuntu” on irc.freenode.net
- Ubuntu Budgie’s support forum is always open and ready to help you.
HELP SHAPE UBUNTU
If you would like to help shape Ubuntu, take a look at the list of ways you can participate at:
Thank you all for your continued support – spread the news!
David, Ubuntu Budgie Project Leader.