As we approach 18.04 (Bionic Beaver), we are offering up for you to change our default artwork. Can you do better?
Competition time - the contest closes at the end of November 2017.
We are looking for inspirational artwork - something that gives an immediate visual impact. Abstract is best - it must be recognisable when:
t not often you get to change the face of a distro - so here is your chance.
Our default desktop, much of our website artwork has used this picture.
- cropped as a horizontal banner,
- scaled to a small image size 256x256
- has application windows covering most of the picture
Entry is via email - send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a great incentive. For the winner, you can select as many of our spectacular Ubuntu Budgie shop goodies up-to-the value of $60
Enter Zazzle's Ubuntu Budgie Shop
Rules: all images submitted must conform with one of the following licenses:
CC-BY-SA-4.0 or CC0
You must be the author.
Images shouldn’t be too busy and filled with too many shapes and colors; a similar tone throughout is a good rule of thumb.
- Try your image at different aspect ratios to make sure something important isn’t cropped out on smaller/ larger screens at different resolutions.
- Our target resolution is 3840 x 2400 (4K).
- No brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- No illustrations some may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
- No sexually explicit or provocative images.
- No images of weapons or violence.
- No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- No designs which promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals; or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- No religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- Use GIMP layers if possible, or PNG & JPG formats