Golden Rule: analyze, bug, fix
Welcome to 17.04 Beta through to Release Testing
We are now in the final stretch of 17.04 Beta Testing - release is 13th April. Testing is now open for intrepid and enthusiastic testers. If you are confident and like to work out what is wrong - we want you on our team!
This is beta testing - a number of bugs should be expected - we need to find these. That is why we do beta testing. You really should not expect a stable system - do not install beta and daily ISOs on a production system. Kind of obvious I know - but we always can see those that don't understand that concept and moan and groan on various blog sites. Feel free to make them informed!
So you want to join in the fun? Yes, it really is! 😊
- Join Ubuntu Budgie bug busters and Subscribe to the mailing list - https://launchpad.net/~budgie-remix-bug-busters
- Download the ISO and Install
Simple! Ok lets be serious now.
- Know how to report bugs - http://askubuntu.com/questions/5121/how-do-i-report-a-bug
- Is the problem reproducible? We need every step to reproduce your issue. Simply saying "it crashes" is not useful
- Crashes should always be accompanied by FULL backtraces - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Backtrace
- Try to debug the issue - this is covered very well here - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProcedures
- Come back to this page often - we will be updating it with all the latest news/issues/workarounds that we have been made aware of.
- Update the ISO Tracker - we need to know if the install and other tests work http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker - there is a fantastic guide here that gives you a step-by-step guide how to use the ISO tracker - https://www.tsimonq2.net/blog/2016/04/27/
- DON'T just install and keep on running - you will not be helping us - we need you to download and install at least once a fortnight and preferably every week.
- Let everyone know about issues via the mailing list - email@example.com
If you don't think you can do this then we kindly would suggest testing Alphas and Beta's is perhaps not for you. Please wait until the 17.04 release is available in April.
Ready? Download the dailies here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-budgie/daily-live/current/
To compare the daily with beta 1 - download our beta 1 here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-budgie/releases/zesty/beta-1/
David (project lead)
27th March Daily
Beta 2 has been released - 23rd March - brief release notes are here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/Beta2/UbuntuBudgie
Beta 1 has been released - 23rd Feb - brief release notes are here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/Beta1/UbuntuBudgie
Alpha 2 has been released 27th Jan - brief release notes are here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/Alpha2/UbuntuBudgie
17th March - Some people have said that clicking any of the panel icons such as the Menu they see the menu open and close twice. If this affects you please click the "it affect me" - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/budgie-desktop/+bug/1667934fixed 27th Daily Critical Issue 2 March - Unable to launch apps after upgrade to Mutter 3.23.91 can confirm that reinstalling the older mutter packages works - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/3.23.90-0ubuntu2 gir1.2-mutter-0 3.23.90-0ubuntu2 libmutter-0-0 3.23.90-0ubuntu2 mutter 3.23.90-0ubuntu2 mutter-common 3.23.90-0ubuntu2 bug-report here to watch- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1669495 - resolved on 4th March daily Panel and or X session crashes when installing/removing/upgrading packages1631745 fixed in the 18th Feb Daily Ubuntu Budgie does not boot directly to ubiquity try/install screen.1659278 fixed in 15th Feb Daily
- Dont see plymouth when booting Alpha 2 Ubuntu Budgie ISO 1659279
ubuntu budgie does not display a background wallpaper nor window decorations1659280 fixed in 8th Feb daily When reinstalling Ubuntu Budgie, ubiquity does not correctly report previous installed OS1659283 Marked as invalid - this is meant to happen
- Ubuntu Budgie - slideshow pictures do not match the words 1659329
Ubuntu Budgie identifies itself in Grub as "Ubuntu" not "Ubuntu Budgie"1659402 No longer deemed something that requires a fix Ubuntu Budgie live session in virtualbox not displayed correctly1659412 Use 128Mb of Display RAM for your VM Display Settings
Page last updated on 28th March