We are pleased to announce the release of the next version of our distro, the sixth as an official flavor of the Ubuntu family.
19.10 is supported for 9 months; our 18.04 LTS is supported for 3 years.
Based on 18.04 through to 19.04 experiences, feedback and suggestions that we have received from our users, the new release comes with a lot of new features, fixes and optimizations. This release is the final major step towards our 20.04 LTS.
Here is what you can expect with the new release:
- showcasing the latest budgie-desktop developments – budgie-desktop v10.5 on a GNOME 3.34 stack,
- showcasing the latest budgie-applets available
- NVIDIA graphics installed automatically from our ISO
- Showcasing ZFS integration
- upgrade of nemo to v4 together with the ability to turn desktop-icons on/off via budgie desktop settings.
- Debut of new Accessibility options – desktop keyboard and Screen Magnifier
You can read more about what we have been upto via our 19.10 release notes. Upgrade instructions from 18.10 are included. Please have a read these since there are a number of issues that you need to be aware of.
Download links and installation guide are provided. As always – do check the md5sum hash value of the downloaded ISO – this really does help you get on with a flying start for your install.
If you have any questions, remember, our forum is always open and ready to help you.
Thank you all for your continued support – spread the news!
David, Ubuntu Budgie Project Leader.
ps. fabulous banner work again from team member Udara Madubhashana pps. and here is a video to wet your appetite!