The intent of this post is to provide a short and to the point how to enable the global menu in Ubuntu Budgie. Please keep in mind that this is in testing
. So the general caveats apply when installing test software. Things have been smooth for me at this point.
So on to it.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntubudgie-dev/global-menu-test
sudo apt-get update
Install the required packages.
sudo apt install budgie-pixel-saver-applet budgie-appmenu-applet
- Logout and then back in to see the new applets in Raven.
Add the new applets to your panel
- Open Raven (Box with arrow in the upper right corner of your panel)
- Press the gear Icon (top right corner of Raven)
- Select Panel tab (top right corner)
- Press the
+ next to the Applets title
- Add the
pixel saver applets
- Adjust the location of the applets to your desired spot. Usually be defaukt they are added centered. Not so ideal forthis use case. I usually add both just to the right of the spacer applet next to the menu.
The the the that's all folks!